Friday 17 July 2009

Writer's Block

I have not blogged in an age. Sometimes it appears I have stories and little anecdotes coming out of my head quicker than a Mexican pig sneezes, while other times I am as dry as Ghandi's flip-flop. I usually decide not to blog unless I have something to blog about but right now I am just wittering away without an overall idea or plan simply because I have not blogged in such a long time.

Now I know how writers feel when they say they have writer's block or is it they simply fancy a day down at the beach. Well here, it is getting late in the evening and the beach is going to be a damp and lonely place to be right now - that can't be it.

I remember Dave Gorman once talking about receiving a huge advance when he agreed to write a book. The advance was great; he put it in the bank with the idea of letting it support him and his family while he was writing the book. The deadline for the book was a long way off so why not enjoy some of the money first and then write the book later. Then he began to enjoy spending the money so much so that having to sit down and write was a big intrusion on his time spent with the money. The only problem there is... I don't get paid to blog - unfortunately!

So, dear world, until I can find something to blog about my wittering will have to suffice.

1 comments:

Dave said...

Ghandi's flip flop haha I like it!!